Accountant I, Income Tax
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Do you have a passion for Accounting? Do you like challenging accounting projects? If you answered yes to those questions, this might be the perfect job for you! Pilot company would like to add an Income Tax Accountant to our Finance team. To prepare and file federal, state and local income tax returns with a focus on flow-through taxation providing assistance with various projects.
What you will do on this team:
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns with a focus on flow through taxation (i.e., S Corporations, Partnerships)
- Prepare responses to notices and audit information requests from various federal, state and local authorities
- Assist accounting department with tax account reconciliations
- Research and analyze technical tax issues
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting or taxation a plus
- One to two year’s experience in public accounting or corporate/ public accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or pursuit of CPA preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Tax research
- Accounting and tax software skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines