Analyst, Trade Operations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to be a team member and be responsible for specific tasks that assist in the general completion of the daily refined products (gasoline, diesel, renewables, Rins) trading activity through the company’s Energy Trading and Risk Management (ERTM) system throughout the life cycle of the supply chain. This role will work closely with the Manager and or Senior of the team to ensure all assigned tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for specific daily, weekly, or monthly settlements with external counterparties which can include Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, and Forecasting
- Responsible for daily entry into company’s ERTM of movement documents in relation to contracts and inventory
- Complete assigned weekly and monthly inventory reconciliations within the ETRM that is comparing third party statements and identifying and solving any discrepancies
- Responsible for the entry of daily trades into the ETRM that are consummated by the trading group accurately and also responsible for the daily confirmation process for those trades
- Responsible for other specific assigned tasks that can include line space true up settlement, exchange contract management, RINs acceptance or submission, freight analysis and settlement
- Expected to identify and escalate specific issues and or discrepancies while performing the daily tasks in a timely manner to ensure quick resolution for long term accuracy
- Work collaboratively with internal and external counterparties, traders and position managers to build relationships as well as understand the internal flow of company information to maximize success
- Assist manager with related inventory projects and settlement analysis
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
Pay Range: $47000.00 up to $77600.000000
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in accounting, finance or business-related field preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience in a financial or commodity settlement role preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
- General knowledge of payables, receivables and inventory
- Experience using Right Angle or other Commodities Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to apply analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay