Area Facility Maintenance Technician
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you a jack of all trades? Do you enjoy working at multiple facilities across a large area? Do you have flexibility to travel to different areas weekly? This is the position for you!
- Inspect multiple facilities following a comprehensive facility maintenance assessments; perform preventative maintenance repairs
- Complete maintenance work orders; perform minor electrical, carpentry, and plumbing services
- Collaborate with general managers to review and resolve open maintenance issues
- Maintain communication with dispatch; report steps taken for work order resolution
- Respond to corporate project requests and surveys; resolve issues and report findings to supervisors
- Communicate with multiple teams and management on a weekly or monthly basis to ensure compliance and consistency regarding maintenance projects
- Advise managers of maintenance concerns and ensure creation of work order requests
- Utilize various computer systems to track and report maintenance requests
- Participate in company sponsored safety training classes
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment within the technician’s area of responsibility
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid state driver’s license required
- Minimum five years’ preventive maintenance experience required
- Trade or vocational school preferred
- Prior experience with electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Basic understanding of construction practices
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work both on a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Climb ladders
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work with electric and fuel systems
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, crawl
- Travel required up to 85%; varies by region
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.