Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide professional internal audit services to perform audits at company Travel Centers as well as internal audits as dictated by project list approved the Pilot Travel Corporation (PTC) Audit and Risk Committee.
1. Perform internal audits from the project list approved by the PTC Audit and Risk Committee with reports on same; determine audit pass or fail based on evaluation of operations procedures at store level
2. Perform surprise store audits at Travel Centers and restaurants
3. Conduct necessary Travel Center General Manager (TCGM) training to address areas of opportunity identified during internal store audit
4. Perform more complex financial analyses of certain loss and expense areas
5. Propose corrective actions as a result of audit findings
6. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
7. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
8. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field required
- Minimum two years’ internal audit or related business experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) certification, or related certification preferred
- Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources and ability to turn results into meaningful and actionable intelligence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.