Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The Data Architect is a crucial role that designs and defines the data solution architecture for various products. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in data technologies spanning solutions built on traditional and non-traditional platforms. As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences, such as business partners and business leaders.
- Work as the Technical Subject Matter Expert in partnership with our Product Owners and IT Solution Owners to define the technical design for our data driven products and applications.
- Provide architectural leadership to the project development teams for successful implementation per the specified design
- Work with our product organization to develop business requirements into architecture
- Define solution level architecture for project teams, including guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Develop Architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Cloud, Relational database technologies, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, and Modern Big Data Compute platforms.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Enforce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space. Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data, Analytics, Mathematics, or related degree from an accredited university required, MS + preferred
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Relational database platforms
- Direct experience with AWS and Databricks required
- Direct experience with Snowflake is preferred
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for after hour and weekend product support
- Travel required less than 10%
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline