Deli General Manager
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Responsible for the successful management and oversight of all retail food service activities in a multi-site portfolio
- Management of external brands per brand standards and internal brands per Pilot Flying J standards ensuring a high level of client satisfaction
- Introduce improvements and efficiencies in operations
- Respond to any service or contract performance concerns
- Oversee food safety and food safety audits
- Supervise, coach and develop employees, to ensure all are appropriately trained and adhering to proper procedures
- Oversee procurement process for raw materials (food) on behalf of client to ensure adequate supply for menus, determining substitute products as required
- Ensure budget adherence, preparing annual budgets and monthly presentations
- Develop catering initiatives
- 5+ years direct management experience in retail food service
- Commitment to customer experience, client relations and service excellence
- Experience in managing multiple retail units
- Proficiency in financial reporting
- Strong communication skills including written, oral and interpersonal communications
- Superior leadership skills
- Commitment to sustainable growth
- Food Safe level 1 and level 2
- Fuel Discount
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay