Energy & Trading Internships - Summer 2023
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Summer Intern Program
Pilot Company's Summer Intern Program is a full-time program hosted at our Support Center offices in Knoxville, TN and Houston, TX. Running 10 weeks every summer from late May until late July, our Intern Program is an interactive and challenging internship experience for students who are ready to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Gain experience in your field of study while working on department-based projects
- Collaborate with other interns on projects targeting company initiatives
- Participate in professional development sessions, including resume and LinkedIn workshops, exploratory interviews with corporate recruiters, and a public speaking course
- Participate in philanthropic events alongside other team members
If you are majoring in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management or a related degree, consider interning with Pilot Company during the summer of 2023! The following departments will be offering internship opportunities at our Houston trading office.
Our PFJ Energy team is offering internship opportunities focusing specifically within trade control, scheduling, risk, treasury and credit.
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Generate reports for analysis
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems
- Generate invoice documents
- Reconcile credit balances
- Participate in special projects identified by manager, operations team and traders
- Network and build relationships with all middle office teams
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree with a degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or related preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Interns will travel to our Knoxville Support Center during 10-20% of the program.