Lead Material Handler
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Company would like to add a Material Handler Team Lead to our team! In this role, you would be responsible for all the duties related to the loading of finished products produced at the plant. You will supervise the Material Handlers performing these duties to ensure that the work is completed in a safe and timely manner with strict adherence to plant Standard Operating Procedures.
What you will do on this team:
- Oversee the equipment used in loading of distillers and ethanol is in good operating conditions, initiate repairs as needed. This includes scales, front end loader, trackmobile, hand tools, and all electronic equipment associated
- Be familiar and capable of all duties related to scaling trucks and loading ethanol distillers
- Work with the Production Supervisor to set schedules to cover timely loading of ethanol, DDGS, and MWDGS
- Responsible for confirming that new employees to the team have proper training and are qualified to perform tasks
- Provide revision input to policies and procedures, must have a desire to constantly improve safe, efficient operations with enhanced customer service results
- Provide daily input or report of shipments as needed
- Model behaviors that support the company's common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities comply with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to operate a utility vehicle
- Have a general understanding of FRA, OSHA, & DOT applicable regulations
- Basis experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Work productively under time constraints and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead a team, exemplify integrity, and enable leadership in others
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to business problems
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- ·The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 60 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near mechanical parts
- The employee may be exposed to dusty conditions
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline