Manager, IT Purchasing
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support the company’s IT operations by directing and coordinating IT purchasing activities, including purchasing IT software and equipment, at the lowest price possible while maintaining and improving the company’s standards of software and equipment providers.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives; review current product offerings and identify and source new products
- Compile and distribute bid packages and negotiate with potential vendors, review package responses, and negotiate contract terms; prepare analysis and recommendations for approval of all new vendors and material pricing changes
- Recommend and collaborate in vendor evaluation, selection, and negotiation process; establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with vendors and adjust sourcing strategies based on supplier performance and business unit input
- Support IT initiatives including regular updates relating to pricing, vendors, contracts, and other items that impact IT operations
- Support the development and execution of the IT business plan by timely purchasing IT needs for the year. Manage existing portfolio of IT contracts.
- Prepare reports summarizing terms of vendor contracts and material price changes to current products or products under consideration
- Conduct pricing analyses and total cost models as well as ad-hoc and standard reports
- Organize, review, and analyze company data to identify trends, create meaningful reports, and develop action items
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market research; identify new solutions to the company’s key problems
- Ensure all software and equipment meet company requirements
- Identify, develop, and implement strategies to achieve process improvements and secure reductions according to implementation plans including review of invoices post bid to verify and track attained savings
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Minimum five years’ experience with purchasing or related experience required
- Minimum two years’ experience purchasing software and IT equipment and working with vendors on product specifications and contract compliance
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of IT software and equipment including key price drivers
- Knowledge of new IT product development and associated trends
- Knowledge and experience with IT service level agreements, IT statements of work, and related contract provisions
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, and financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform financial modeling and summarize results
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills with the ability to negotiate, problem solve, and promote the success of others
- Ability to seek and recognize job related opportunities to assist and collaborate with other team members or departments
- Ability to establish rapport and develop relationships with key vendors
- Ability to collaborate with leadership and influence decision making
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment demonstrating confidence with change and ambiguity
- Ability to multitask, manage time, and problem solve
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines