Manager, Regional Safety-West Coast
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Company is seeking applicants for a Western Regional Safety Manager position.
- Conduct field observations with new and existing drivers to assess compliance with loading and unloading procedures.
- Manage the field safety program in assigned region(s) to ensure compliance with Pilot Company procedures and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA regulations for new and existing drivers.
- Oversee camera program to ensure coaching and required documentation is completed.
- Define and implement corrective action if driver is non-compliant to include immediate stop work authority; document corrective action ad record disciplinary action as needed
- Travel with field operations management as a subject matter expert to ensure consistency of training conducted by field operations Team Members; coach and provide feedback on safety training content and presentation effectiveness.
- Analyze data from various systems to produce reports detailing progress on company safety goals and identification of trends.
- Assist in developing best practices and safety standards for new commodity types, such as liquid hydrogen, compressed gaseous hydrogen and compressed natural gas.
- Benchmark with other fleets and research safety innovations through training and technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ prior experience in the trucking industry
- Advanced level MS Office skills, specifically in Excel
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and EPA regulations
- Exposure to diesel, gasoline, and crude oil (slight)
- Exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide gas (slight)
- Work around fuel drop areas, trucks, trailers, and fuel hauling equipment
- Exposure to various weather conditions and temperatures
- Available to work evenings and odd hours as needed
Travel Required up to 25%
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay