Manager, Retail Technology Payments and Fuel
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to manage the Fuel and Payments team in order to deliver products in support of the Retail/Merch/Food/Store Ops business vertical and provide guidance to teams in ways that promote the company’s culture (via either in-house or external teams). The Manager, Retail Technology Payments & Fuel will also oversee the progress of technology development across all products within their designated vertical.
1. Oversee, lead and set priorities for Payments & Fuel team.
2. Select, coach, train and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews.
3. Guides development of the comprehensive roadmap for products and associated projects, as applicable, within the Payments and Fuel areas.
4. Manage the payments (payments processing) system vendor relationships to include contract discussions and negotiations, follow- up communications, invoice reviews, and dispute resolution
5. Serve as the primary contact and decision maker for strategic business and technology planning activities for payments and fuel systems used in the company’s retail locations, collaborating directly with business stakeholders.
6. Manage team project work to plan allocation of team resources for required tasks in coordination with business partner, point of sale (POS), fuel technology infrastructure, and quality assurance (QA) to ensure delivery of business objectives
7. Manage processing partner relationships with banks, merchant sponsors, payment card associations, and commercial fleet companies
8. Apply change, risk and resource management to inter-connected products
9. Lead discussions with PMO and EPMO to ensure proper alignment of resources and priorities
10. Manage payments and infrastructure needs, including planning and completing needed work for hardware, network, and security components tied to payments
11. Ensure infrastructure updates, payment card industry (PCI) annual audits, and other compliance related activities are completed as required
12. Assess performance and aim to maximize ROI
13. Prepare reports as needed for business stakeholders
14. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guest and team members are support at the highest level
15. Complete other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, information technology or related field
· Minimum five years project or product management required.
- Knowledge of the payments processing industry in the US and Canada, including standard transaction and funding process flows
· Knowledge of key industry stakeholders involved in the payments processing industry
· Understanding of fueling systems and technology.
· Working knowledge of retail store software payments systems
· Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
· Experience with ACI Worldwide Postilion system preferred
· Working knowledge of ISO 8583 processing standard, as well as knowledge of other payments processing specifications preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, VB, and .Net with ability to write or interpret SQL queries, read or interpret code logic, preferred
· Ability to execute critical judgement and decisions through strong analytical thinking tied to situations and projects, including the ability to synthesize and communicate complex information from multiple sources to quickly identify and resolve issues
· Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, resources required and expected follow-up, combined with working collaboratively to meet those needs
· Ability to make independent decisions for identifying an appropriate project methodology and framework
· Outstanding leadership and organization skills
· Ability to coach and motivate team members
· Ability to prioritize projects with input from business and IT team members
· Ability to identify risks and dependencies of project
· Strong analytical thinking skill
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
· Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment