Manager, Trading Risk
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to manage a team of Middle Office professionals in the production and distribution of daily exposure and profit & loss reports. The manager will be required to supervise and develop team members, improve processes and assure that control standards are maintained.
What you will do in this role:
- Driving synergies across different business stakeholders by identifying opportunities, developing strategic and tactical resolutions and delivering measurable results - Commercial, Operations, Inventory Control, Contracts, Settlements, Technology & Senior Management
- Supervise and provide strategic direction for the Mid-Office team.
- Select, coach, train and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Manage reference data, trade capture, scheduling, risk exposures, and the mark-to-market profit/loss component of ETRM software; this then allows for the planning, tracking, management and accounting for product that is physically moved from source to point of usage
- Development and enhancement of new reporting tools, key performance indicators and control functions for the Mid-Office.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or engineering required
- Minimum five years’ industry experience required
- Minimum three year’s leadership experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel skills required
- Minimum three years’ experience with RightAngle or ETRM systems required
- Minimum five years’ experience working with front, middle and back office business and operational processes required
- Experience with process improvements and analytics required
- Familiarity with SQL
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse team
- Ability to understand and translate commercial needs to other functional teams
- Proficiency in handling multiple concurrent projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking and financial acumen
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence, professionalism, and assertiveness in complex and challenging circumstances
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Proficiency in internal networking, teamwork, and relationship building
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay