Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of large-scale enterprise retail network infrastructure. Responsibilities will also include assisting in the maintenance of existing network infrastructure in both Datacenters.
For this opening, we would prefer someone with SDN background (Cisco ACI preferred) or exposure to the following routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP. In this role you will:
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, aggregators, switches, wifi controllers, and firewalls.
- Perform network security design and integration;
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints;
- Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration;
- Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction;
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices; * Provide network documentation;
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions;
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks in Jira / Ticket Tracker (ticketing system)
For this opening, we would prefer someone with SDN background (Cisco ACI preferred) or exposure to the following routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- B.A. or B.S. in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of expertise in routing/switching, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications.
- Understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance, experience with Cisco ASA equipment preferred
- Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting of Networking equipment
- Comfortable documenting and explaining network topologies, understand and diagram existing network ,diagram, explain and plan for future growth.
- Comfortable with 802.1q VLANs and working within industry best practices
- General patch cable termination capabilities (Cat5e / Cat6)
- Experience building and maintaining fiber optic networks
- Understanding of 802.11G/N in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
- Experience maintaining an enterprise-level infrastructure, including fiber optic and wireless using Cisco technologies.
- Ability to engineer, build, and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability
- General understanding of VoIP equipment and operation, Powering the phone, Getting voice and data networks to a phone, Able to work with a VoIP provider to deploy and support
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and possess an understanding of how to support these applications / protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Understanding and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication and authorization technology.
- Hands-on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.).