Pricing Analyst, Petroleum Pricing
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you enjoy the fast paced world of pricing in the fuel industry? Do you like to analyze data while working on collaborative teams? Are you looking for a career with growth and development opportunities? If you answered yes to those questions, then this might be the right job for you! Pilot Company would like to add a Pricing Analyst to our team to manage the daily fuel pricing for a region of Pilot’s stores to maximize total petroleum profitability. This includes analyzing petroleum margin, sales and competition to set the optimal retails price to achieve company financial goals.
What you will do on this team:
- Execute strategic pricing goals by directing optimal site-level retail price for fuel products.
- Research, monitor, and analyze site level sales, margin, and competition through daily site review.
- Respond to changes in competitive marketplace through adapting strategy and adjusting price as necessary.
- Manage all aspects of fuel pricing for a region of stores to maximize overall petroleum profitability.
- Monitor and analyze fuel market trading (NYMEX and Spot Markets) to make informed decisions and maximize site level margins and sales.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with cross functional teams and store operators regarding price strategy and market changes.
- Participate in feedback and troubleshooting processes to identify opportunities for system enhancements to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and proc
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- One-year industry or company experience preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Café
- Fuel Discount
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines