Regional Safety Manager
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to produce safety-related analytic reports for the Transportation Department as well as being responsible for safety field activities in a Crude Region.
- Analyze data from various systems to produce monthly reports detailing progress on company safety goals and identification of trends.
- Responsible for field observations, ride-alongs, and any additional field safety activities with new and existing drivers in Crude region(s).
- Conduct new driver orientation in Crude region(s) educating the drivers on company policies and procedures.
- Perform Safeland training for all drivers required to be trained in Crude region(s).
- Travel with Regional Transportation Managers (RTMs) to conduct training for drivers.
- Provide coaching/counseling to RTMs so they can effectively lead training sessions with drivers.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with Pilot Flying J and Department of Transportation rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- 5 years’ prior experience in the trucking industry
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with a diverse work team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and situation analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize based upon immediate and long-term needs of the region and company
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects related to company goals and initiatives
- Financial acumen and experience related to budgets and internal audits
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay