Specialist I, Facility Support
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you know the ins and outs of what can go wrong in a travel center or retail environment? Do you know how to support someone and find resources? Are you good at troubleshooting and love to help get a solution in place for someone with an issue? We have the position for you!
What you will do:
1. Liaise with store employees and vendors to ensure timely repair of facility issues at company sites in a cost effective manner
2. Compile and evaluate information about each facility repair issue to determine whether repair or replacement, based upon cost parameters, is the most appropriate and cost-effective solution
3. Calculate total job costs; manage the work order process to include creating purchase orders (P.O.), dispatching vendors, and approving work orders and cost revisions within authorized financial limits
4. Determine the most cost-effective means of sourcing parts and equipment
5. Coordinate with PFJ Regional Maintenance Technician and Service Technician dispatch teams to resolve issues in-house and minimize downtime and costs
6. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and quality services
7. Provide training on basic facility maintenance procedures to store personnel using videos and other training materials
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience in retail facility support preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with intermediate skills in Excel
- Basic knowledge of building systems (e.g., HVAC, fire systems, plumbing, electrical)
- Basic knowledge of facility management and Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and follow-up
- Strong attention to detail, organization and follow-up
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze and make decisions
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and departments
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.