Sr Accountant, Sales Tax
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to perform first level review and to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare and review multistate sales and use tax returns
- Generate reports for sales tax group
- Review taxability decisions of sales tax accountants on Pilot Flying J invoices to determine if proper tax was paid or accrued
- Perform research on the taxability of products and services as needed
- May train team members as well as lead and direct the work of others
- Field sales tax questions from team members
- Perform systems set up and maintenance
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum four years’ multistate sales and use tax experience required
- Minimum one year supervisory experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA exam-eligible preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines