Sr Analyst, Operational Compliance
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to contribute and support the operations compliance team as it pertains to PFJ Energy operations.
What you will do in this role:
- Analyze, process and manage Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs) for Pilot Company
- Analyze operational transactions as it relates to Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) and reconcile differences with counterparties
- Assist in preparing/reviewing quarterly and annual EPA and LCFS reports
- Provide support and information for annual attest reports
- Help identify process improvements and help implement process changes
- Help train and coach new team members and provide initial coordination between them and other teams internally
- Reconcile Right Angle credit balances and resolve any discrepancies
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Operations teams to effectively understand day to day activity as it relates to reporting to state and federal agencies
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree required
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience preferred
- Experience using the EPA Moderated Transaction System and LCFS Reporting Tool preferred
- Understanding the energy operations lifecycle preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience using Right Angle preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced culture that expects challenges and debate
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to business problems
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Network, teamwork and relationship building
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay