Technician, Exterior Lighting and Signate-32300
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Flying J is seeking experienced Sign and Lighting Electrical Professionals to repair, inspect, troubleshoot and clean signs and exterior lighting for all travel centers.
- Competitive Hourly Pay - Paid Weekly
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance
- Company Matched 401K
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Receive daily work assignments
- Drive a bucket truck to Pilot Flying J locations to inspect signage and lighting as part of a two-person team
- Identify potential and existing problems with electrical signage and lighting, provide analysis and investigation of issues, and determine the best solution for needed repairs (including but not limited to ballasts, lamps, sockets, switches, fixtures and involving voltages from 120 to 480 volts)
- Complete required documentation for all repairs and installs using a smart phone, iPad and/or laptop computer
- Provide excellent customer service to team members onsite, interact in a professional, respectful manner and collaborate to meet project deadlines
- Ensure that the jobsite is maintained to the highest standards of safety; prepare worksite, eliminate all possible hazards and cleanup site daily
- Maintain ongoing communication with management on project status and provide daily reports on work completed
- Work within OSHA guidelines and actively participate and complete regular safety training, and follow all safety procedures at all times
- Maintain own equipment, inventory and company vehicles including daily truck safety checks
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Minimum five years’ commercial electrical experience required; seven years’ experience preferred
- Electrical journeyman license preferred
- DOT medical care required
- Minimum three years’ bucket/aerial lift and electrical experience at heights 60 to 120 feet required; five years’ experience preferred
- Bucket truck class and certification required post-hire
- Minimum age of 21 years with clean DOT record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.