Technician, Regional Facility Services-Remodel
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to perform minor remodels.
1. Remodel multiple areas in the travel centers (restrooms, showers, sales floor)
2. Perform electrical, carpentry and plumbing services
3. Collaborate with general managers to resolve maintenance issues
4. Order materials
5. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
6. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
7. Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid state driver’s license required
- Minimum 4 years in (type of work) required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Trade or vocational school preferred
- Background check required
- Prior experience in electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, fiberglass, painting, tile and caulk
- Understanding of construction practices
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Individual accountability and performance standards are met
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Overnight travel required is up to 100%
- 10+ hours per day
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and odd hours as needed
- Climb ladders and work from elevated heights
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ded6e8e6-b004-4117-a78b-edb318698fda