Account Development Manager I, Strategic
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to generate and cultivate new customers over the phone in a fast-paced, volume-driven environment under direct supervision.
· Generate book of business through sales calls, including warm leads, self-generated calls and follow-up calls
· Partner with supervisor to prioritize accounts and qualify prospective customers by analyzing potential profitability and success probability
· Focus on anticipating customer needs, resolve customer issues, address customers’ wholesale needs, and maximize mutual value toward profit goals
· Coordinate internal resources to continually identify growth opportunities and strengthen customer relationships
· Develop value proposition of company offerings through demonstrated knowledge of industry, products and services, geographical conditions, and market dynamics
· Employ available technologies to identify potential prospects, funnel leads, estimate account potentials, track sales activity, and communicate with customers
· Negotiate and close deals through proven communication and sales techniques to reach set volume levels
· Maximize potential profitability by setting account objectives and developing plans to fulfill company compliance and deal processing needs
· Cultivate relationships with new customers and maximize internal cross-functional capabilities
· Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
· Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
· Complete other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years’ experience with telemarketing sales preferred, or three years’ telesales experience
· Beginner CRM (preferably Salesforce) skills
· Beginner Microsoft Office skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Fast learner and willing to continuously learn through organized and self-initiated opportunities
· Advanced customer service skills
· Strong attention to detail and follow through skills
· Intermediate problem and situation analysis skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proficient at setting high and realistic personal goals
· Skilled at internal networking and teamwork
· Travel required less than 5%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.