Account Development Manager I
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to generate leads, qualify prospects, develop relationships, as well as negotiate and close sales with broad supervision in an assigned geographic territory.
- Target leads and strategically develop relationships with qualified prospects and new customers
- Secure appointments, deliver sales presentations, negotiate terms and conditions, as well as close sales of relevant company offerings
- Respond to inquiries, cancellation requests, and sales requests in a timely manner, and address customers’ wholesale needs where appropriate
- Coordinate and collaborate with company stakeholders to maximize opportunities to meet SMART gallon and profit goals
- Consult with Divisional Director of Sales to develop closing and sales strategies, as necessary
- Offer subject matter expert (SME) consultations to customers
- Manage accounts toward SMART gallon and profit goals
- Remain current with changes in fuel industry, delivery systems and competitor activity
- Acquire market intelligence to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum one year’s sales experience or five years’ sales experience required
- Understand fuel and trucking industry key concepts and terminology
- Thorough knowledge of company products and offerings
- Beginner CRM (preferably Salesforce) skills
- Beginner to intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and provide solid recommendations to enhance assigned book of business
- Advanced customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced problem and situation analysis skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Skilled at internal networking and teamwork
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate for temporary assignments
- Travel required up to 100%