Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you have a drive to exceed sales goals? Are you passionate about winning business? Is problem solving one of your qualities? If so, Pilot may be your next growth opportunity! We are looking to fill an Account Manager role in St Louis to manage relationships with fuel buyers and service a portfolio of accounts under broad supervision.
- Promote and sell a portfolio of products, services and solutions, and problem solve while maintaining customer service by building relationships with current fuel buyers
- Coordinate with management to establish and meet or exceed quotas
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements
- Coordinate and collaborate with company stakeholders to maximize opportunities to meet SMART gallon and profit goals
- Offer consultations with subject matter experts to customers
- Manage accounts toward SMART gallon and profit goals
- Respond to inquiries, cancellation requests, and sales requests in a timely manner and address customers’ wholesale needs where appropriate
- Remain current with changes in fuel industry, delivery systems and competitor activity
- Acquire market intelligence to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Bachelor’s degree and minimum one year sales experience preferred, or five years’ sales experience preferably in the trucking or fuel industry
This position requires up to 100% travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.