Accountant, Fuel Accounting
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Are you successful with prioritization and don’t miss details? This may be the next step in the career you have been searching for! In this position, you will be performing the most complex activities associated with the general ledger, financial and operating reports, and budget analysis, this is a great position for someone who enjoys special projects and new challenges.
- Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
- May coach others and lead or direct their work
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum four years’ experience in accounting or related area required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skill
- Advanced level accounting knowledge
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafe
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines