Accountant I, Fuel Accounting
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to classify, examine, and analyze accounting records and prepare related financial reports and statements for management; and handle less complex aspects of accounting role.
- Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
The following additional duties may also be required:
- Perform system maintenance
- Complete accounting file transfers
- Complete account reconciliations
- Prepare P&L projections
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum one year experience in accounting or related area required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.