Accountant II, Corporate Accounting
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
With the rapid growth with our PFJ Energy teams we are needing an Accountant to help with reconciliation and adjusting various general ledger accounts and bank statements, and perform analysis of performance results.
In this role you will:
- Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
- Compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in accounting or related area required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Familiarity with Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software preferred
- Experience working with Right Angle or other ETRM software, strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay