Accountant II, PFJ Energy
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support the financial decisions and accounting processes for PFJE by reconciling and adjusting various general ledger accounts and performing moderately complex financial analysis.
What you would do in this role:
- Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets and income statements
- Prepare, record, and analyze accounting transactions to ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide analytical, reporting and project support to senior management
- Respond to ad-hoc financial inquiries by analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems, processes and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of new finance/accounting policies and regulations
- Compile, consolidate and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field required
- Minimum three years’ experience in accounting or related area required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Knowledge of Right Angle or other ETRM software
- Factor Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software required
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, conflict management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay