Accounting Associate I, Accounts Payable
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you have a passion for numbers? Do you like being part of a team? If you answered yes to those questions, this might be the perfect job for you! Pilot company would like to add an Accounting Associate I, to our Accounts Payable team. Accounting Associates perform routine accounts payables activities such as vendor statement reconciliations, invoice payments, and payment research.
What you will do on this team:
- Prepare, record, verify, analyze, and report accounts payable transactions
- Pay vendor invoices in a timely basis
- Maintain and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Prepare analyses and reconciliations to detect fraud
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and the field as they relate to invoices
- Conduct research into status of vendor invoices and provide payment verification
- Classify, compute, and record financial information
- Check the accuracy of figures and calculations related to business transactions
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Associate degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Minimum two years’ experience in accounting or related area preferred
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines