Accounting Associate I, Accounts Payable
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
If you are someone who likes to work in the field of accounts payable this will be the perfect opportunity for you. Responsibilities will consist of performing routine accounting activities such as coding invoices, submitting invoices for payment, and payment research.
- Verify and code high volumes of vendor invoices to be submitted for payment.
- Electronically route invoices to internal team members for approval and processing.
- Work with vendors and other team members to reconcile and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Ensure that transaction entry verification procedures are followed.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries via e-mail and phone calls
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Accounts Payable experience preferred
- General Ledger experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work extended hours when necessary, and perform work with a high sense of urgency
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- 401(k) and Flexible
- Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines