Accounting Associate I, Accounts Receivable
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, as well as prepare various accounting statements, financial reports, and accounts payable or receivable functions for less complex accounts.
1. Prepare, record, verify, analyze, and report accounts payable or receivable transactions
2. Pay vendor invoices; receive and post customer payments on a timely basis
3. Maintain and reconcile accounts payable or receivable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
4. Prepare analyses and reconciliations to detect fraud
5. Ensure transaction entry verification procedures are followed
6. Prepare and deliver customer billing or vendor payments; respond to resulting queries
7. Maintain primary financial data for use in accounting records
8. Classify, compute, and record financial information
9. Check the accuracy of figures and calculations related to business transactions
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12. Complete other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent certification required
* Associate degree in accounting or finance preferred
* Minimum two years experience in accounting or related area preferred
* Data entry experience preferred
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* Familiarity with billing and accounting software preferred
* Intermediate reconciling software skills required; ReconNet preferred
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
* Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, work extended hours when necessary, and perform work with a high sense of urgency
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay