Accounting Associate II, Fuel Accounting
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you like diving into research in Accounting? Do you enjoy puzzles and resolving problems? If you answered yes to those questions, then we might have the perfect fit for you! Pilot Company would like to add a creative Fuel Accounting Associate to our team to perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, as well as prepare various accounting statements, financial reports and accounts payable or receivable functions for less complex accounts. This position is a 3 month contract to hire position to find that perfect match for you and Pilot!
- Prepare, record, verify, analyze, and report accounts payable or receivable transactions
- Pay vendor invoices; receive and post customer payments on a timely basis
- Maintain and reconcile accounts payable or receivable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Prepare analyses and reconciliations to detect fraud
- Ensure transaction entry verification procedures are followed
- Prepare and deliver customer billing or vendor payments; respond to resulting queries
- Maintain primary financial data for use in accounting records
- Classify, compute, and record financial information
- Check the accuracy of figures and calculations related to business transactions
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in accounting or related area required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafe
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines