Accounts Receivable Accountant
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you looking for a company focused on career development, so a career not just a job? Do you enjoy a team member focused work environment? Do you have accounts receivable reporting and cash application experience? If so, this job might be perfect for you! Pilot Company would like to add an Accountant to support the Accounts Receivable team and function by focusing on timely cash application, automation of key processes, bank and general ledger reconciliations, audits, special projects, and additional technologies
What you will do on this team:
- Assist, Review, and reconcile day to day cash application for PTC lines of business including but not limited to over the road, delivered wholesale, DEF, rack marketing, above the rack, PSS, and freight only
- Work with the team and technical resources to identify, research and resolve mis-applied payments, cash application variances, aging inaccuracies, missing orders, and any other issues that may arise
- Report and keep manager or team leader up to date on all relevant issues, escalating any issues as appropriate
- Assist in month-end, quarter end and year end closing, bank, and advanced account reconciliations
- Prepare month-end journal entries which include but are not limited to the areas of cash transactions and accounts receivable/payable
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to accounting processes ensuring that practices are efficient, effective, and support the overall goals of the organization
- Evaluate current processes and internal controls, both within the accounting group as well as interfaces with other Company departments and recommend and drive process and control improvements
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Monitor company bank accounts (daily, weekly, etc. - as needed based on the account) and reconcile timely each month
- Handle special projects related to technology systems, automation, new initiatives, or various other requests received from departments across the organization.
- Perform research on SOX requirements as they pertain to the cash app and reconciliation team
- Lead and direct the work of others related to compliance, SOX compliance, system changes or audit work
- Perform systems maintenance as needed
- Train and be a resource to team members and new hires
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA exam-eligible preferred
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PDI, Lawson, Ascend, Infor experience, a plus
- SQL and/or Tableau experience, a plus
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible
- Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines