Adjuster I, General Liability
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to investigate and resolve incidents of liability claims presenting exposure to the company.
- Investigate incidents presenting exposure to the company
- Manage, document, analyze, negotiate, and settle claims for resolution
- Manage and control claim-related documentation including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) related information
- Evaluate and settle liability claims within the adjuster's independent settlement authority
- Manage litigation to obtain favorable outcomes and resolution
- Resolve customer claims while minimizing the potential for conflict
- Focus on loss prevention and hazard elimination during claims handling and propose initiatives to proactively minimize risks
- Process subrogation claim on property damage in cases of the company as a collateral source
- Provide reserve recommendations for internal claims and budgeting purposes
- Resolves conflicts with claims in collaboration with the senior or more tenured adjusters
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum three years experience in related work preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor in all forms of communication, with emphasis on negotiation skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline