Adjuster I, Workers' Compensation
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you have a background in worker's compensation and enjoy research and investigations to reduce a company's risk? If so, you might be a great fit for the Adjuster position with Pilot Company. In this role you will work on our Risk Management team to investigate and resolve incidents of workers’ compensation claims presenting exposure to the company.
What you will do in this role:
- Investigate incidents presenting exposure to the company
- Manage, document, analyze, negotiate, and settle claims for resolution
- Manage and control claim related documentation including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) related information
- Manage litigation to obtain favorable outcome and resolution
- Collaborate with defense counsel on litigation closure strategy
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve Medical Only and/or Lost Time Employee Injury claims with independent settlement authority
- Monitor third-party administrator (TPA) to ensure claims are processed efficiently
- Provide reserve recommendation to PFJ corporate management for cases processed by TPA and applicable in-house claims
- Focus on loss prevention and hazard correction during claim handling
- Resolve conflicts with claims in collaboration with senior or more tenured adjuster
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Three years of adjustor or related experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline