Adjuster I, Workers' Compensation
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Are you successful with prioritization and don’t miss the details? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Do you have the drive to investigate and resolve incidents of workers’ compensation claims?
On this team you will:
- Investigate incidents presenting exposure to the company
- Manage, document, analyze, negotiate, and settle claims for resolution
- Manage and control claim-related documentation including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) related information
- Manage litigation to obtain favorable outcomes and resolution
- Collaborate with defense counsel on litigation closure strategy
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve Medical Only and/or lost-time employee injury claims with independent settlement authority
- Monitor third-party administrator (TPA) to ensure claims are processed efficiently
- Provide reserve recommendations to PFJ corporate management for cases processed by TPA and applicable in-house claims
- Focus on loss prevention and hazard correction during the claim handling
- Resolve conflicts with claims in collaboration with the senior or more tenured adjuster
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in worker's compensation preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1efbb7bd-5892-42c5-875c-8ac65766db57