Adjuster II, Workers' Compensation
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to investigate and resolve incidents presenting exposure to the company.
- Investigate incidents presenting exposure to the company
- Manage, document, analyze, negotiate, and settle claims for resolution
- Manage and control claim related documentation including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) related information
- Manage litigation to obtain favorable outcomes and resolution
- Collaborate with defense counsel on litigation closure strategy
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims while minimizing the potential for conflict
- Monitor third-party administrator (TPA) to ensure claims are processed efficiently
- Provide reserve recommendations to PFJ corporate management for cases processed by TPA and applicable in-house claims
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, and trials as needed
- Focus on loss prevention and hazard correction during the claim handling
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum two years’ adjuster experience required
- Must obtain a Commonwealth of Kentucky Independent Adjuster license required after hire* Must complete biannual Commonwealth of Kentucky Continuing Education certification required after hire
- Must obtain a State of Oregon Workers Compensation Certification required after hire
- Must meet State of Alabama Continuing Education annual requirements after hire
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving, conflict management influencing, and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment * Exceptional communication skills with emphasis on negotiations
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines