Administrative Assistant II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position provides administrative support to the accounting, operations, procurement and marketing functions while performing the duties of receptionist. This position is a full 40 hour week.
- Answers phones and greets and directs visitors to the facility.
- Processes, sorts and distributes both incoming and outgoing mail as well as other deliveries and outgoing shipments.
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Accountant, Plant Management, Corn Procurement and DDGS Marketer such as filing, sorting, and data entry.
- May assist Grain Receiving by Weighing in grain and distiller trucks.
- Back up/support Accounts Payable and Receivable Accountant.
- Acts as back up to the CMMS Assistant as needed.
- Monitors and process local managers credit cards and process expense reports.
- Coordinates employee programs.
- Orders and keeps inventory of office supplies.
- Runs office errands and makes travel arrangements for both outgoing and incoming staff members.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with developing and using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- 2 years accounting/business degree or 3-5 years accounting experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High school diploma or equivalency with some post-secondary education in the area of accounting or business administration preferred.
- One or more years experience in an administrative role in a fast paced environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use, frequent telephone use, some lifting or moving up to 30 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay