Administrative Assistant, Tempe
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support general business operations by providing essential clerical and administrative duties for the department or business unit.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for department or business unit including filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Compile meeting notes, reports, routine correspondence
- Answer telephone and provide information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems
- Complete data entry and maintain current information in department databases
- Operate office equipment and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions (e.g., fax machines, copiers, etc.)
- Distribute incoming mail or other materials and reply to correspondence as directed
- Arrange conference, meeting, and travel reservations for managers
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience working in an office setting preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required; intermediate skills preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and complete tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances and priorities
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 06bdc922-0c1f-467c-806e-b52aa3979a66