Analyst, Customer Pricing Strategy
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
A Customer Pricing Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of market and sales related data in order to provide optimal pricing strategies to achieve company level financial goals.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and make necessary pricing suggestions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Accountable for preparing and communicating executable and indicative customer pricing strategy to the Sales Team.
- Collaborate with Sales and make necessary adjustments to customer proposals.
- Perform financial analysis for new and existing customers including opportunity identification, price and portfolio optimization and annual sales and profit targets.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with customer contracts and agreements.
- Use robust analytic tools to evaluate large quantities of relevant data and make recommendations.
- Participate in feedback and troubleshooting processes to identify opportunities for system enhancements to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum one year industry or company experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred; Tableau skills a plus
- Strong teamwork, problem solving, and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, reasoning, judgment, and creative problem solving used to make sound decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to set priorities and resolve problems with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to understand and work with a variety of complex interacting systems
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data to generate meaningful results
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay