Analyst I, Freight and Carrier Support
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
As our Analyst I, Freight and Carrier Support you will support fuel transaction processing for delivered business by ensuring freight rates are configured and applied to each transaction accurately and timely. This position focuses on identifying and resolving root causes of day-to-day freight issues related to missing or incorrect freight rates based on assignment, providing accurate resolution and freight configurations into PDI, and providing back-office support to Transportation and Logistics for the Freight Only line of business. In this position you will collaborate with Transaction Assurance, Logistics, Transportation, Fuel Accounting, and Pricing teams to resolve issues pro-actively.
What you will do:
- Research and resolve freight configurations in PDI to ensure accuracy and completeness of processes and transactional detail leading to missing or incorrect freight rate setups for the company’s Retail, Wholesale, and Freight Only business.
- Configure freight rates and accessorials in PDI in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform data entry work
- Provide high-level customer service and business support for Transportation including, but not limited to, new customer setups, customer hauling agreements, customer inquiries, accurate freight rates, Terminal Access Agreements, and Tank Testing Notifications; follow up and follow through with appropriate team members and departments to ensure setups are completed by deadline, and required documentation is obtained.
- Attend cross-departmental meetings with PFJE business, IT, and stakeholders, and assist in gathering and documenting business requirements related to all freight setups, and freight only account and agreements while coordinating all data setups required to accommodate fuel and freight transaction processing in PDI. Support system upgrades and project testing for freight rate setups.
- Execute basic review of freight setups for SOX compliance.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or Business Analytics preferred
- One year relevant business experience preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills; specifically, Microsoft Teams and Excel.
- Knowledge of fuel and trucking industry and its terminology.
- Knowledge of fuel products and offerings.
- Aptitude for understanding systems and how they work.
- Experience with Tableau and Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of PDI, or another ERP system
- Experience in information management and process flows preferred.
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines