Analyst I, Merchandising Planning and Analysis
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this position is to support the Merchandising and Food Team’s financial goals by providing real-time analytics and data reporting.
- Complete accurate and timely monthly, weekly, and daily reporting for the merchandising, deli, and restaurant teams.
- Help prepare annual budgeting files, produce forecasts for the current month/year, and complete monthly budget changes.
- Utilize Tableau and excel to create ad hoc reporting and tracking.
- Provide support and training to all merchandising team members on using Tableau and make recommendations to department management on continuous process improvement and systems training
- Regularly update and develop, finalize, maintain and reconcile the retail and deli rebate budgets
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team to create analytical tools and reporting functions that support retail and deli category managers, field merchandisers, and field operations team
- Analyze data and provide performance insights and reporting on all retail and deli test programs for company stakeholders
- Model behaviors that support Pilot Flying J’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business analytics required
- MBA or Masters’ degree in an analytical discipline preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in retail planning, analysis or strategy preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, advanced Excel
- Knowledge of analytical reporting utilizing databases
- Tableau experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a working knowledge of retail concepts
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Enthusiastic and adaptable team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.