Analyst I, Planning and Analysis
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support with analysis and research on various projects undertaken by the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team to provide the company and senior leadership with the information needed to make informed business decisions
1. Conduct return on investment (ROI) evaluations for potential new company sites or initiatives
2. Support the analytical needs of the operations team, including the annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting process
3. Calculate monthly estimates for Pilot Company’s controller to incorporate into monthly estimates
4. Prepare, examine and analyze associated accounting records, financial statements and reports prior to publication of monthly P&L
5. Provide ad hoc analysis to support other internal departments and assist in reporting, presentations and analytical initiatives as directed by leadership
6. Create, maintain, and manage G&A budgets for various departments through the company
7. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
8. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
9. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of data analytics and reporting
- Working knowledge of various financial, reporting, and database systems preferred, including: Tableau, Infor depm, Lawson/ S3, Birst
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.