Analyst I, Retail Technology
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide ongoing support and maintenance of the company’s retail technology systems.
- Investigate escalated issues by gathering and analyzing additional information
- Support retail systems hardware and software including point of sale (POS), inventory, cash office, fueling, loyalty, and quick service restaurant (QSR)
- Support software releases from various sources for the purpose of deployment
- Collaborate with Analyst II/ QA and Level 3 teams to test new versions of retail software and coordinate installation in stores
- Direct Level 1.5 support in troubleshooting and resolving all fuel retail system issues escalated by internal business partners
- Collaborate with vendors to identify and resolve current bugs and issues
- Collaborate Setup and testing of new business requirements within the retail system environment with Level 3
- Ensure the overall health of PFJ fueling systems through software design and deployment, vendor review and development, and service desk training and engagement.
- Coordinate with Analyst II to Maintain deployment software, maintenance, patching, and training documentation
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferably related to computer science and technology preferred
- Preferred three years’ experience with FUEL related systems and second level support in identifying and troubleshooting system issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Express and ability to script SQL queries
- Working knowledge of retail store software systems
- Working knowledge of coding languages .NET, VB, etc. preferred
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, analytical, and diagnostic skills in order to quickly identify and resolve system issues
- Ability to work unsupervised or with moderate oversight of managers and senior team members
- Ability to take ownership of various projects and problems, set and meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks in order of importance and impact to the business
- Work well under pressure and maintain a high level of customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal teams, customers, and vendors
- Continue to develop professional expertise, and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9c253d41-1d4f-4f14-867e-30b6427f24ba