Analyst I, Revenue Growth Management Pricing Strategy
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support our efforts in building Pilot Flying J’s retail pricing architecture, provide strategic insights focused on pricing and competitive benchmarks, as well as partner with internal clients to assist in building long-term profit growth.
- Provide pricing recommendations and strategic direction to internal clients (Category Merchants) for in-store sales products
- Create, maintain, and routinely audit item pricing relationships such as price families, private label gaps, and price per unit incentives
- Run scenarios and make recommendations on system configuration changes to achieve financial goals
- Work cross-functionally to execute prices through various systems to ensure prices are updated at shelf and register at store-level
- Leverage internal/external data sources to provide a comprehensive view of competition, vendor markets & overall business impact
- Prepare performance updates with internal clients, and identify insights or trends that are applicable to growth
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 1+ years Finance/RGM/Strategy/Consulting, with deep expertise in multi-functional disciplines including strategic planning, financial and business analysis & performance management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Quantitative analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data analysis, which lead to actionable strategies
- Working knowledge of the industry systems: fuel & retail sales, loyalty and finance
- Effectively build relationships at all organization levels; communicate vision, goals, performance through clear & simple messages
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with others on tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.