Analyst II, Applications Support
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
In pursuit of making a better day for our team members and guests, the primary purpose of this role is to provide support to end users, maintain data integrity, run analyses, and support issue resolution within the company’s application systems.
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, or modify computer systems or programs, including prototypes, in relationship to user or system design specifications
- Install, update, and maintain company applications
- Assist end users with application system processes and issues
- Develop reports and pull data for business unit end users and audits
- Troubleshoot and eliminate causes of inaccurate data; resolve process issues
- Conduct testing and quality assurance on company systems
- Assist in the preparation of systems documentation
- Run analyses of daily application processes and scheduled activities
- Execute user administration functions such as adding users, updating security, and removing users
- Provide guidance on the installation, configuration, trouble shooting, and support of application software
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of user needs to address complex application issues
- Ability to quickly parse and analyze data using a variety of tools such as
SQL and Excel
- Ability to resolve business issues in a timely manner
- Able to understand complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Problem solving and situational analysis skills
- Strong customer support skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum five years’ related experience required
- Advanced SQL / T-SQL skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of technology systems and infrastructure
- Understanding of programming methodologies