Analyst II, Digital Marketing
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will develop reporting and analytic solutions that present information for digital marketing decision making. Using highly visualized data these insights will be used to analyze the performance of marketing tactics, and review campaign benchmarks. This position will be a significant contributor by informing the team with results and recommendations that will impact the larger digital strategy.
- Develops, analyzes and improves standardized reporting to monitor/evaluate existing and potential digital marketing initiatives
- Validates the accuracy of data being collected to ensure marketing channel performance and conversions are tracked properly
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain analytic solutions leveraging centrally managed reporting tools such as Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, Google Analytics, and Datorama
- Develop integrated marketing dashboards to measure campaign performance across digital channels and the resulting behavior with revenue generating events
- Works with Email team to provide campaign analysis and reporting on list health, email acquisition rates, and revenue
- Compiles and analyzes metrics for website and app updates on monthly basis and/or for ad hoc requests;
- Assists in developing marketing initiatives to optimize conversion funnel
- Support existing analytic solutions, including modernization/standardization, troubleshooting, and annual maintenance as needed
- Set reporting standards and best practices across marketing platforms
- Identify changes and trends in marketing performance data over time
- Provide before, during and post campaign reporting
- Investigate the root cause behind changes and trends in marketing data
- Connect marketing tactics with performance data changes to measure impact
- Inform team of top performing metrics and areas for performance
- Document and communicate data limitations and areas for improvement
- Educate team on current state of digital data and how it can be used accurately
- Identify solutions or improving data collection and tracking from digital sources.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, or Statistics preferred
- 3 years of work experience using analytical tools supporting digital platform marketing tactics
- Experience with Tableau, Excel, SQL
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and Datorama
- Experience with Google Analytics 360
- Strong written and communication skills, ability to present ideas to a group
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Using Reporting & Analytic Tools such as Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Service, Google Analytics, and Datorama to create high fidelity reports
- Data visualization principles & techniques
- Assessing quality of data
- Report life-cycle management, data governance, or meta data management solutions
- Statistical Analysis techniques such as linear regression & correlation analysis for analyzing data sets
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Overnight travel required is less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time