Analyst II, Grants and Incentives
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this role is to perform grant capture, proposal writing, award and administration activities related to next generation fuels infrastructure projects. Work with consultancies to apply for and administer grants and other incentives, including NEVI grants for EV charging infrastructure. Coordinate between internal and external resources to implement and follow winning strategies for grant requests for proposals.
- Execute and perform lifecycle grant processes for all grant programs
- Participate in prospective next generation fuels infrastructure projects by reviewing federal and state grant funding opportunities, initially in support of Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure deployment
- Perform editing and support writing revisions to review draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on grantor funding requirements
- Engage internal stakeholders (Business Development, Legal, Communications, Operations, Construction, Accounting, Real Estate, Data Governance) and externally with consultants, utilities, and other vendors, to conduct work assigned
- Submit timely and accurate grants, proposals, applications, and reports for all grants
- Update and transfer data, track deliverables, and interpret Pilot grants database to successfully generate reports.
- Evaluate and review pricing and financial reports for EV projects.
- Monitor and update grant funding database, library, and proposal templates
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities
- Facilitate meetings, create agendas, and follow up with action items for all internal and external stakeholders
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Communications, Science, or related field preferred
- PMP, grants, contracts, or industry certifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in project management, contract and/or grant administration, and compliance oversight required
- Combinations of specific industry work experience, advanced certifications, military and/or federal service strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry work experience with transportation, energy, utilities, or construction infrastructure projects highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, municipal and/or utility and energy policies and procedural guidance to include FAR, 2 CFR 200, Circulars, Title 6-Civil Rights, ADA, EEO, Davis Bacon, Labor Laws, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Joint Ventures, SAM.gov, state registration requirements and/or other provisions and clauses
- Advanced project management expertise to proactively perform grant and contract lifecycle management
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present findings and make recommendations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to ensure individual accountability and performance standards are implemented
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Skilled at collaborating with and requesting document review and deliverables from senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking/planning skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects while successfully demonstrating confidence in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Travel required less than 15%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill job requirements
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: db3269e2-882f-4647-b573-8cbceaf2912f