Analyst II, Operational Compliance - RINS
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to contribute and support the operations compliance team as it pertains to PFJ Energy Operations.
- Analyze, process, and verify Renewable Identifications Numbers (RINS) transactions daily for Pilot entities by confirming the corresponding physical product has been invoiced or paid in the RightAngle system before transacting in the EPA regulatory system (EMTS).
- Reconcile RightAngle RIN inventory balances with the regulatory system book of record on a monthly basis, identifying and resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Send and accept RINS transactions with counterparties in RINAlliance/EMTS, including re-sending and returning RINS as needed for prior period corrections.
- Provide support and information for annual EPA attestation audits. This involves, but is not limited to, extracting data from source systems, and pulling selected sample support.
- Identify and help implement process improvements and develop process documentation to support the growing renewables business.
- Resolve issues identified that are preventing daily RINS transactions from being completed in partnership with the trading, operations, and back-office teams.
- Participate in special projects identified by manager, operations team, and traders.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience
- Minimum 3+ year’s energy operations and inventory experience
- Understanding of Energy Operations lifecycle via various modes of transportation
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
- Experience using RightAngle preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment culture that expects challenges and debate
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving, strategic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to business problems
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Travel required less than 15%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to work extended business hours at times to support business needs
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay