Analyst II, Optimization
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this position is to assist the supply, marketing, and optimization functions in maximizing the gross profit of fuel margins via analytics, project management, business development, and coaching Supply and Distribution (S&D) members on the proper use of developed tools.
In this role you will:
- Assist with data analysis and ad hoc reporting needs related to buying performance, fuel margins, optimization performance, and strategy execution. Ability to identify opportunities and primary drivers of performance.
- Help drive project priorities related to purchase and sale of fuel to maximize value.
- Communicate and engage stakeholder groups to develop opportunities; coach on use of S&D tools to effectively execute strategy
- Assist with activities related to fuel purchasing data, systems, and reporting requests.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, IT development, and Business Intelligence groups to drive prioritization and refining of new work items for various fuel purchasing systems.
- Create documentation for new IT development or reporting requests to provide to IT and/or Business Integration as well as training documentation for business users
- Notify leadership team of hurdles, challenges, and needs for regular agile delivery of product enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Data Science required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Supply Chain, Economics, Finance, Project Management, and/or Analytics preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel
- Knowledge and experience with SQL preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Tableau preferred
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay