Analyst, Inventory Control
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Come be a vital part of the process for daily trading activity and the transfer of inventory across the company's supply chain.
In this role you will:
- Analyze, determine need and provide obligation and event date maintenance
- Reconcile configuration maintenance
- Create and manage orders; reconcile documentation and create missing movement documents
- Analyze, determine and model the logistics chain in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) system and ensure the movement documents are available for each leg of the logistics chain
- Identify and resolve loss prevention of gallons; identify corrections and escalate issues; and collaborate to resolve discrepancies
- Perform inventory reconciliation to physical inventory levels
- Review and analysis of logistics/inventory deal set up
- Prepare and perform cost provision entry
- Reconcile group maintenance
- Reconcile company held inventory positions and provide on-time and accurate reports
- Monitor commercial activity interaction with carriers, terminals, pipeline companies, counterparties and the company commercial group; ensure all relevant information is available
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field required
- Experience in logistics, terminal, and rack preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of hedging and derivatives process preferred
- Understanding of full supply chain preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand problems and make timely and practical recommendations and corrective actions
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to align between front, mid and back offices as well as third parties to work through discrepancies
- Strong financial acumen
- Possess independent judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with concern for accuracy
- Time management and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Internal networking, teamwork, and relationship building
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay